United Way — Live United
“Equity is the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people, whether those groups are defined socially, economically, demographically, or geographically.”
-World Health Organization
United Way, Lane County, PeaceHealth, and Trillium have collaborated with community organizations to form the Lane Equity Coalition. This is a coordinated, collaborative group organized at a regional level to advance policies, systems, and environments that address equity. Coalition members include individuals, stakeholders, and organizations with passion, diverse skills, expertise, and influence.
There are significant inequalities in our health and education systems which affect people of color, people with disabilities, those experiencing poverty, and those in the LGBTQ communities. These systems are difficult to change without a coordinated effort.
- Serve as Equity Advisors to the Community Health Improvement Plan(CHIP) and monitor the CHIP’s efforts to address inequities.
- To build and sustain a community-wide effort to increase equity by identifying and reducing health-related disparities in our region.
- To reduce barriers which prevent equal access and opportunity to health systems.
- To be a vehicle of change by working to advance policy, system and environmental changes that address the social determinants of health.
- To encourage the use of equitable practices by entities in our region.
- To advance authentic community engagement.
- To advocate for cultural competency, fairness, and linguistic access.
- Coalition membership is open to any Lane County individual or organization which subscribes to the mission of the Coalition.
- The Coalition strives to reflect the diversity of Lane County and ensures a voice to those communities who are most affected by disparities.
- To learn more about joining the Lane Equity Coalition and upcoming events, please contact Heather Amrhein firstname.lastname@example.org