United Way — Live United
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is a community-driven action plan that outlines how we'll work together to make an impact on health and well-being. This plan will be used by United Way of Lane County, Lane County Public Health, PeaceHealth, and Trillium Community Health Plan, in collaboration with numerous community partners across the Lane County region.
- Increase economic and social opportunities that promote healthy behaviors.
- Increase healthy behaviors to improve health and well-being.
Initiatives and Strategies:
Social and Economic Opportunities
- Support economic development through investing in workforce strategies that provide sustainable family wage jobs in our communities.
- Encourage a range of safe and affordable housing opportunities, including the development of integrated and supportive housing.
- Assure availability of affordable healthy food and beverages in every community.
- Encourage the implementation of programs to promote positive early childhood development and safe/nurturing environments.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based preventive screening and referral policies and services by physical, behavioral, and oral healthcare and social service providers.
- Strengthen cross-sector collaborations and align resource to improve the physical, behavioral, and oral health and well-being of our communities.
- Encourage organizations across multiple sectors to integrate health criteria into decision making, as appropriate.
Addressing these issues successfully requires resources, effort, innovations and most importantly, participation from everyone. If you or your organization are interested in partnering in the Lane County Regional CHIP and want to align efforts, please contact us to get more information. We look forward to embarking on this journey together.
Learn more and get Involved: www.LiveHealthyLane.org