Resource Development Coordinator
Resource Development Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Grade 2
Reports To: VP Resource Development
Position Primary Purpose:To generate and increase resources for United Way of Lane County by leading a portfolio of accounts for our annual workplace campaign; to establish and grow strong relationships with our current and future partner organizations and workplace campaign volunteers; to support individual donor cultivation; and to provide administrative support for the Resource Development department.
Fundraising through the Workplace Campaign (approximately 40% of role)
- Generate revenue, leading a portfolio of accounts that represents $250,000+ (increasing annually).
- Maintain close, positive relationships with the key accounts (in assigned portfolio) throughout the year, including planning, coordination, and oversight of the accounts’ annual United Way campaigns – focusing on building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Plan, research, provide support, maintain communications, and record information/contacts in the database.
- Engage workplace champions in year-round dialogues utilizing the Customer Relations Model (CRM).
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of assigned Loaned Executive(s) and/or volunteers to ensure campaign objectives are met.
- Support new account development to help generate increased revenue.
Fundraising through Non-Workplace Individual Donors (approximately 30% of role)
- Coordinate the Emerging Leaders (young professional group) with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support donor and prospect research, mailings and other communications, and database support for individual gift cultivation.
Administrative Support (approximately 30% of role)
- Provide administrative support for the Resource Development department including mailings, event preparation and follow-up, database entry, and other administrative support.
- Work with the Resource Development department to meet annual and multi-year goals and targets for United Way, as well as refine strategies and goals as needed.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator on projects that support donor cultivation and resource development efforts.
- Attend United Way and key community functions and events.
- Consistently read and respond to all correspondence, including emails.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments as required.
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in areas noted below.
BA degree and/or 1-3+ years of successful fundraising or consultative sales experience (in either for-profit or non-profit entities) with emphasis on customer relationship building.
Title: Resource Development Coordinator
- High-energy individual, who takes initiative, maintains a positive outlook and can embrace change.
- Reliable, a high level of integrity, and the ability to consistently represent United Way in a professional manner.
- Successful experience managing complex projects from conception to implementation.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills while managing multiple tasks.
- Work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated effective listening skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Public speaking skills/ability (training and facilitation experience a plus).
- Volunteer management experience.
- Proficient computer skills with databases, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience working with electronic media, e-communications, and technology.
- A passion for involving and engaging citizens in community life and for working in the social sector to support UWLC’s goals.
Sitting or standing continuously for periods of four hours, communicate verbally, communicate in writing, faculty of seeing and hearing, operate a keyboard. Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting, at ground level. Occasional reaching above shoulder level to reach supplies overhead. Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity to perform various duties such as data entry, writing. Continuous speaking and hearing for interactions with volunteers and coworkers. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less for normal daily computer tasks.
Interpersonal interactions, problem-solving, analyzing and evaluating, decision making, discretion/confidentiality, math skills, teamwork, handling of multiple tasks. Ability to conceptualize and set operational goals and objectives for the department. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience, and negotiating in working with volunteers and coworkers.
Work is performed in an office environment but also requires mobility within the office. May be required to travel to other facilities and various locations for job-related training, meetings, and events.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Position Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Grade 2
Salary Range: Undisclosed, competitive with the local market
Benefits: We offer a generous benefits package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, a defined contribution retirement plan, tax-deferred savings options, and generous annual leave including 20 days of PTO and 8 holidays as described in the United Way of Lane County Personnel Policy Manual.
To Apply: Submit an electronic cover letter, résumé, and references to: Cathi McNutt
UWLC encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and representatives of protected classes to apply. EOE/ADA employer.
Position is open until filled. Application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Go to www.unitedwaylane.orgfor more information about our organization.